Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I must be out of my mind....

yesterday at work one of the ladies asked me if I would be willing to run a 10K with her.

Now, keep in mind, I'm 35, I'm a mom of 4, and I am 65 pounds over weight.

What did I say to her when she asked me? Sure I will.

I said what?
Yup, I told her that I would, indeed, run a 10k with her in October.
I must be out of my mind.

The race is Saturday October 8, 2001. It starts and ends at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, UT.
It's called the Love Your Body 6k/10k and it's for women only.

Today being August 2, I only have (according to my Google countdown) 66 days to get into 10k shape.

So I'm going to start looking for a beginners 10k training program (maybe)
I used to run, I used to run all the time. I had no choice I was in the Army, but when I left the Army I was foolish enough to say I was never running again unless I was being chased (and depending on who was chasing me I wouldn't run too fast, or not at all). Now here I am, 11 years later, 2 more kids, and 65 pounds overweight.

I can do this.

Right?

No comments: