Tuesday, January 17, 2012

my bucket list

Today, completely out of the blue, a good friend of mine asked me if I had a bucket list.
I didn't.
So he said we needed to get busy on making one.
I had never given it much thought really. It all seems a bit fatalistic ... these are the things I want to do before I DIE.
But after some thought....


1. I wanna get a tattoo. I want my children's birth month flowers (daisy, rose, carnation, and violet down my left side, from breast to hip)
2. I want to skydive (yeah I know its a cliché but I really want to do it)
3. I want to swim in the Pacific Ocean.
4. I want to travel though Europe. Back pack, rental car, train, bus.... I don't care. I would like to see the sights that are off the beaten path, not the same tourist shit that every one goes to see.
5. I want to run a marathon. It doesn't have to be one of the Big Name ones. Just a marathon. I want to be able to honestly say that I ran 26.2 miles, and I survived.
6. I want to love, and be loved, for forever.
7. I want to stand in each of the 50 states (and Puerto Rico :))
8. I want to learn how to make, and bottle, my own wine. Angels Vines is what I might call it.
9. I want to learn how to fly a helicopter (the Army wouldn't let me, apparently I'm too short for Army helicopters)
10. I want to go to culinary school. I love to cook, and why not try to make a career doing something I love?


hmmmm, what else...
I'm sure there are more things that I would like to do before I kick the bucket and I will add them to the list as I think of them

11. I want to learn how to sail
12. go scuba diving
13. white water rafting. the thought of it scares the hell out of me, but I think thats the fun of it

No comments: