Tuesday, May 05, 2009

WWJD?

When we came here to Utah we knew that we were moving to an area that was very conservative.
No problem for us there.
We knew that there is a dominant religion here.
No problem there.
We knew that the churches on every block were not ones that we would attend.
No problem there.
We knew that we would be the odd ones out because we don't believe the same way as our neighbors.
Again, no problem there.

What I wasn't expecting was what would happen to my children.
My oldest son to be exact.
He has lost 2 friends now.
Both of those kids were told by their parents that they can no longer play with my son because they are prominent members in their church and he, my son, goes to a different church.
How stupid is that?
Me personally, I think that would piss Jesus off.

No comments: